Living the Dream

Monday, March 31, 2008

Next Time I'll Get Him A Book

Owen and I walk to school everyday and on most days my neighbor's dogs bark at us. I usually say something like "Boy, those are some vicious weiner dogs." So, the other day O asked me why I don't call them their proper name, and because I was curious if he had heard of the breed daschund I asked "What is the proper name for those dogs?" He told me penis dogs, and he was 100% serious. I guess the back story here would be that I recently gave Owen the anatomically correct words talk. I know, I know, parents are not supposed to use cutesy names for body parts, but I do. Seeing how Owie is a big boy first grader, I knew it was probably a good idea to give him a tutorial. I guess he didn't fully get it because he came out of the conversation thinking weiner and penis are interchangeable in all circumstances. Anyhoo, I'm pretty sure he understands now. That being said, I would rather not be around the next time he decides to order a hot dog in a public place.

4 Comments:

Blogger YF said...

that is so funny. omg. i have some funny ones too, but not brave enough to write. I will tell you in person.

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everytime I read your blog, I laugh out loud, good you let him in on the actual correct anatomical term before high school, he will have a whole other language by then concerning the "parts".....you are such a good Mommy, and I am continually proud of you. MomC

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Leigh

7:58 AM  
Blogger Do the Puyallup said...

I am going to Pee myself that is so funny. Reminds me of the other day when Ella was singing her lungs out with some kind of rhyming song. It went something like this.. "The deer, deer, deer and the beer, beer, beer, tear, tear, tear, queer, queer, queer... I just ignored it as I really do not think she has ever heard that would before. I am hoping she does not sign it in the middle of Fred Meyer.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home