Living the Dream

Monday, January 22, 2007

Californication


The powers that be have decided our time in Ohio is coming to an end. I am having a hard time getting excited for this move. We have made some great friends here, I will miss them. Not to mention the physical act of moving makes me want to curl up under the covers and hide. B's new job will be starting sooner rather than later which means he will be spending alot of time in Cali, while the kids and I tie up loose ends here. I guess we will have to find a house at some point too. Lot's to do, and how do I explain to the kid's? I do not know much about the area we will settle other than it's a tad expensive! Right now we are concentrating on good school districts to limit our search. Hey Cryko, know anything about SoCal? We will be more Ontario airport rather than LAX. Does Rancho Cucamunga ring a bell? In other news, look at how great CC can color! I think she gets her artistic ablility from all of her Grandma's.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MomC says that you didn't want to go to Ohio either, remember?? You are such a great family, you will make new friends quickly, who wouldn't want to know the Christensens???? Besides, we love to visit California!! I know you feel overwhelmed, one day at a time, and there is always Miller Lite!!XXOO

3:56 PM  
Blogger YF said...

Happy day, happy day... well for me! i just mapped your new local !! 5.5 hour drive and probably a 1 hour flight! You are next to many, many places that we love to go anyway - tons and tons of the most beautiful coast in cali. I am so sorry that you have to move. I will help in anyway I can. You are soo far away for me to know much, but I can see if any of my friends do. there are also a ton of great sites out there on schools. I will see what I find. I will help anyway i can - oxoxx C

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great title, good one.
I bet you had that stuck in your head all day! I'm sure you will be very happy in Cali, there- those are my encouraging words for you!
talk to you tomorrow!
Love ya!
M

12:16 AM  
Blogger Do the Puyallup said...

Great job with the song titles! I think you would be good on a game show. California will be nice. Just waking up to decent weather everyday does a body good. I lived in Ohio and I was glad to come home. Hint on the next song title- it is obvious- ... "I'm going back to Cali, Cali, Cali," Oh yes, Michelle loved him-

You will do fine, Mom is always right- as long as your family is along for the ride.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home