Living the Dream

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Coming Out


Owen lost his first baby tooth last night. It showed up when he was about 10 months old and I think it served him well. He was over the moon about the thought of the Tooth Fairy. At 5:40 am this morning O came into our room pretty disappointed that his fairy only left him a lousy buck. Bill and I were suddenly alert, what do you mean? what did you expect? O informs us that his friend Tyler recieved 64 crayons from his fairy! Oh. Well, how much were you expecting? O- at least 2 bucks, 2 quarters, a couple of dimes and some pennies. No nickles. Hmmm. I told him maybe his Tooth Fairy pays by the size of the tooth. He had to admit his tooth was pretty worn down and rough looking. When I was telling Shelly about how lame our Tooth Fairy was she bragged to me that her kid's Tooth Fairy usually leaves at least 2 dollars that have been ironed crisp (seriously, she irons the money!) or a couple of silver dollars. Woo. Woo. I am guessing that Lar's fairy probably leaves something cool behind like Hermit crabs or Beta fish. I'm thinking our Tooth Fairy is going to have to kick it up a notch!

9 Comments:

Blogger tomfence said...

that is a great shot! love it. yes, i think we used to get a buck... think about inflation.

11:59 PM  
Blogger tomfence said...

oh, tomfence is me, crystal :-)

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I think even a little more than that sometimes - but who's counting? (Just wanted you girls to know I'm still paying attention.)

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous was Crystal's mom.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Living the Dream said...

Hello to Crystal's Mom, hope to see ya soon!

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pic. It sounds like the tooth fairy needs some job security. High five to O.
Leigh

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed I'll personally get a hold of the tooth fairy and tell them him or her to kickit up a few notches after all we are talking about Owen here our pride and joy boy. Popa Frank Said that

P.S kiss CC for us we love them both and miss them.

5:09 PM  
Blogger mmmyers said...

Congrats O!!! izzy has only lost 4 so your catching up!!Love ya!

1:43 AM  
Blogger Do the Puyallup said...

Since Taylor is such a money hungry kid, he always got three or four bucks. Then, he told me that one time he felt me put the money under his pillow when I forgot to do it the night before. He let the cat out of the bag to Ella what the going rate for teeth was. You know what blows, is when you forget to have cash on hand! That is an emergency situation!

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home