Living the Dream

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Home Sweet Home







Tick, tock, the final countdown to the move has begun. We found a house in Upland, Ca. It is very nice and it has a pool! (I know, I am very concerned about pool safety and will be taking precautions and suggestions.) Unfortunetly we will not be able to finish the school year in Ohio. Both of the kids teachers have been really understanding and we have arranged to have a special "last" day for CC and O. Owen is taking it really well, especially when I told him I would bring in juice and cupcakes. CC's preschool class will have a little graduation program that we will miss, that really bums me out. On May 9th the moving people will come and pack us up, 10th load, and on May 12th we will all fly out to California. We will not be able to move in to the house in Upland until May 21st. Luckily, Bill found a motel for us across the street from Ontario Mills mall. We will have plenty to do within walking distance. (my car will be transported from Ohio)









Bill and I had a great time together in California and the kids had a blast with my Dad and Judy.



A few things I learned about SoCal: Smog is no joke. In-n-Out Burger is not at all overrated. People in Ca. drive like total a**holes!! I am not kidding, I am more worried about getting around than anything else, actually in addition to everything else. Which leads me to what I am dreading most, that is saying goodbye to my Ohio friends. And even worse will be watching my kids say goodbye to their friends. I am getting weepy thinking about it. A part of me wishes we could sneak out at midnight to avoid the goodbyes. We have made such amazing friends here. My neighbors have become my support system. Going through the toddler/preschool age together has been a bonding experience. These ladies have made me a better, more confident parent. I feel like I am moving from a village to a deserted island!! I am hoping to stay in touch and I am counting on getting some visitors, hello Disneyland. Now I need to get back to cleaning out junk drawers/cabinets/closets. Our garage sale was a total bust, apparently we are not the only ones that do not want our useless stuff. Oh, well.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Nicci- i hate goodbyes too. but clint and i are so excited that you will be back on the west coast soon! we can't wait to come visit!
love, Jill

7:03 PM  
Blogger YF said...

i am so sorry that you guys have to move, but we will be so glad to have you within striking distance! good job selling and buying and searching. i promise that after a month you will be a old pro at the traffic and driving. a pool is great, it is scary - we have one too - streses me out. we installed a pool fence - they drill holes into the concrete and put up a very nice safe fence - with a good gate. it isn't as pretty but it works. and it can be taken down for parties or when it is no longer needed. but pools are soo fun. oxxoxo C

8:24 PM  
Blogger Do the Puyallup said...

West Siiide Forever!!! Sorry, Ella makes me listen to nothing but Kube 93 at all times in the car when we drive. She tells me she's strictly gangsta rap!

Anyways, good luck with your move. I am excited for you. If it was up to my husband, he would be in California tomorrow. You guys will love the nice weather.
Be safe!

Larisa

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home