Living the Dream

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Gingerbread Man







I know all of you are on the edge of your seats wondering how CC is doing in "real school." She loves it! Her teacher has been teaching kindergarten for over 20 years, she's a real pro. Now you are probably looking at these adorable pictures and thinking, " Wow, that looks like alot of 5 year olds." You are right, 26 kids in Claire's class. Mrs. Nelson depends on at least 2 but prefers 3 "parent teachers" everyday. Fortunately, CC's class seems to have alot of people who are able to help out, it's crazy but fun. I forgot how much the teachers have to squeeze in during 1/2 day kindergarten. I'm starting to see the advantages to all day kinder, being able to slow down and not be so rushed. Claire is so sweet, and quiet? in class. I'm thinking it is going to be a great school year.




Oh yeah, CC's class made a Gingerbread Man last week. Because I live so close to the school, I volunteered to bake the pieces and bring it back. I was freaking out, all of the candies were melting all over the cookie sheets and black smoke was billowing out of the oven! Good times. I dropped it off when it was done and high-tailed it out of there before anyone could see me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, she is so adorable and what a ham! I can just see you pacing around the smokey kitchen, you are such a great Mom! Miss you all..........MomC

11:24 AM  
Blogger YF said...

She is so cute. And good for you to help out - she is a lucky girl to have such a great mom.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Do the Puyallup said...

Ella's teacher baked a gingerbread man last year and somehow told the kids a story about how he likes to escape- then moved him and hid him somewhere around the class during recess. Ella came home just amazed that the gingerbread man was real. Well, we just happened to be baking cookies, so we made our own gb man at home, and then I hid him around the house. She was again amazed and we kept that going for at least a week. Ah- gullible youth!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Do the Puyallup said...

Ella's teacher baked a gingerbread man last year and somehow told the kids a story about how he likes to escape- then moved him and hid him somewhere around the class during recess. Ella came home just amazed that the gingerbread man was real. Well, we just happened to be baking cookies, so we made our own gb man at home, and then I hid him around the house. She was again amazed and we kept that going for at least a week. Ah- gullible youth!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home