Living the Dream

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Another Brick In The Wall

I made my last trip to the mall yesterday!! I take that back, we still have to take the kids to sit on Santa's lap, or do we? I noticed on the freeway yesterday that cars were driving at a normal speed and not tailgating, very unusual. Then I realized it was because of the rain. SoCal is scared of driving in the rain! I think we did a pretty good job of not over doing the kids Christmas presents this year. Nothing makes you feel like an ugly American like forbidding your kids to play with their new toys until they open more new toys. So, here goes the song title tie in story.....CC and O can be ridiculously picky eaters. I usually do everything all of the parenting books tell you not to do (think short-order cook) Every once in awhile we all sit down to the same meal (no sauce, no food groups touching) on this night the kids were still giving us a hard time. So out of frustration and without thinking of Pink Floyd, I shouted across the table "How do you expect to eat your pudding if you can't eat your meat!" Bill and I had a good laugh.
Here is an Ohio recipe for the best dip ever.
Let's call it Mexican Dip.
2 cup mayo
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 small can mexicorn
1 cup colby jack
1 six oz. jalapenos (drained)
mix together, pie plate, bake at 350 degrees 20 to 30 minutes
serve with tortilla chips
You will not be disappointed. I miss eating it with my Buckeye friends.

1 Comments:

Blogger YF said...

I will double check w/ tom on the pesky needles, but I am sure that he missed a few. I have often told Fiona to finish her Pizza/Noodles etc. or else there won't be ice cream.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home