Living the Dream

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Cruel Summer











Our road trip to Reno was pretty much a success. It was a beautiful drive up 395. We had a nice time catching up with Judy's kids and enjoyed ourselves at the wedding as well. I was lucky enough to be in Reno at the same time as Michelle's son Dylan (he was there for a horse show with his Grandma, Ryan, and Micah) We got a chance to hang out on Friday, nice kid. On Sunday, we took off for the ol' Truckee River rafting trip, great fun. (at this point the battery had died on my camera, bummer.) Then we went to Tahoe City for a dip in the lake and then we went to Stampede Reservoir and met up with family for some boating fun. Very busy. We headed for home on Monday, 9 hour drive and Owen and CC did not sleep a wink. Unbelievable. I got a little down on the way back, this "home" still seems to be the place where all of our stuff is, no friends, family, or real connections yet. But, it was nice to sleep in my own bed. We are ready for a change in seasons, the kids are bored and I am turning into a California raisin, literally. Something about growing up in the NW has made me shun umbrellas and sunblock. I am happy to report I am now wearing SPF 30. Baby steps. How long until school starts??




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who would have thought you girls would have such beautiful children???? Just kidding, but they are beautiful and happy.....Soon your house will seem more like home, it takes time. We will see you soon, for my #@!&!! birthday, Love:)MomC

4:43 PM  
Blogger mmmyers said...

Dylan had so much fun with you and O & C, Thank-you for taking the day with him, I wish I could have been there, well, not there, but at your house, hopefully soon!
Love ya,
M

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home